Beta Test: DLNA Cast

Do the Huawei speakers have their own sync protocol? Are you selecting one or both of the speakers in Audio Output?

With Sonos I group the speakers in the Sonos app and cast to the master in the WiiM Home app. It's Sonos that keeps the sync, not WiiM.
I have to group them in Wiim app. The non chinese firmware doesn't allow them to pair, sadly. When I pair them on LMS they keep in sync for 3 or 4 tracks, them they lose the sync. Currently I have them attached to a Wiim Mini ---> Minidsp DDRRC-24. The idea was to free the Mini and DAC and use them in a headphone station.

Last edited:
I have to group them in Wiim app. The non chinese firmware doesn't allow them to pair, sadly. When I pair them on LMS they keep in sync for 3 or 4 tracks, them they lose the sync. Currently I have them attached to a Wiim Mini ---> Minidsp DDRRC-24. The idea was to free the Mini and use it in a headphone station.
Whilst there is a sync feature in the UPnP spec I'm not aware of any device that supports it, so all WiiM can do is tell the devices to play the same stream. If the speakers happen to share the same latency, clock etc then they may appear to be in sync, but it's just luck.

Maybe WiiM should make this clear in the GUI.

Last edited:
I applied to be part of the beta testing but as yet no option to upgrade. Feeling very left out.😢

Hi WiiM Community,

We are currently seeking beta testers for our DLNA Cast feature.

The DLNA Cast feature will enable you to cast audio from Wiim devices to other DLNA-enabled speakers, such as Sonos, Bose speakers, and more.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test DLNA Cast link.

Thanks!
WiiM Team
Just requested access to this beta

Will it support playback to UPnP renderers?

Just requested access to this beta

Will it support playback to UPnP renderers?
Yeah, I’m playing to my Linn amp which shows its “UPnP av” input accepting the stream, as well as two other WiiM devices, all being fed from my Pro Plus which is playing back a radio stream from LMS ;)

OK. i misunderstood.
WiiM did state that you can change it in the app, but I think they got ahead of themselves.

For the beta it's important they get device coverage and stability, after that - if there's enough demand - I'm sure they'll provide quality/functional improvements.

With this second beta release, I can finally get music through my speakers, but it isn't to an acceptable standard to listen to.

I'm not quite sure how to describe what I am hearing, but it is a bit like listening to a DAB radio broadcast with extreme fringe reception, with the sound being blocky and distorted. Whilst this is going on, I am also getting sounds similar to that heard when there is another Radio station trying to break through the background.

This has been experienced on my WiiM Pro's, WiiM Pro Plus, and WiiM Amp, and through four different RIVA speakers.

I was really hoping that this DLNA Casting would be at least up to the standard of the previous Casting software, this worked faultlessly for me every time, and also sounded very good.

My trial music is a 320 kbps, 16 bits, 44.1 KHz stream via vTuner, so a fairly undemanding stream.

Hopefully things will improve with the next release.

With this second beta release, I can finally get music through my speakers, but it isn't to an acceptable standard to listen to.

I'm not quite sure how to describe what I am hearing, but it is a bit like listening to a DAB radio broadcast with extreme fringe reception, with the sound being blocky and distorted. Whilst this is going on, I am also getting sounds similar to that heard when there is another Radio station trying to break through the background.

This has been experienced on my WiiM Pro's, WiiM Pro Plus, and WiiM Amp, and through four different RIVA speakers.

I was really hoping that this DLNA Casting would be at least up to the standard of the previous Casting software, this worked faultlessly for me every time, and also sounded very good.

My trial music is a 320 kbps, 16 bits, 44.1 KHz stream via vTuner, so a fairly undemanding stream.

Hopefully things will improve with the next release.
Yeah, I had the sound break up on my tv, but the WiiM devices being cast to were fine. I submitted a ticket straightaway- you should do so as well if you haven’t already

I'm not quite sure how to describe what I am hearing, but it is a bit like listening to a DAB radio broadcast with extreme fringe reception, with the sound being blocky and distorted.
It sounds like what I get whilst casting to GMediaRenderer.
As far as I can tell WiiM aren't sending any format metadata with the stream, which may explain the distortion and some of the other issues I'm having.

Everything is being converted no matter the input.

Yeah, I had the sound break up on my tv, but the WiiM devices being cast to were fine. I submitted a ticket straightaway- you should do so as well if you haven’t already
Ticket No 506208 submitted whilst "playing" music, so there may be some useful info in the device logs.

It would be useful to know the approximate working times of the support staff, as I have been communicating with them previously at times between 2:00 am and 11:00 am UK time, and whether there would be any likelihood of receiving support at other times.

Ticket No 506208 submitted whilst "playing" music, so there may be some useful info in the device logs.

It would be useful to know the approximate working times of the support staff, as I have been communicating with them previously at times between 2:00 am and 11:00 am UK time, and whether there would be any likelihood of receiving support at other times.
They’re based in California, so I guess you’re getting support during their working hours. I wouldn’t expect 24hr support

Back