Beta Test: DLNA Cast

I've had Sonos Play:1s work and the local renderer in BubbleUPnP, but no luck (no audio) with RoPieee or Chromecast proxied renderers.

Make sure you use the app to send feedback after a failed attempt. What RPI renderers are you using?
Hi Simbun,

to answer your RPi question, I am using LMS with the "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface (v1.0) plugin".

My LMS RPi Picoreplayer instance shows up in HiFi Cast as a player on my Android devices.

Isn't that a very old and unsupported plugin?
It may well be but why then does Hifi Cast see it and the Wiim app not ?
It is also visible as UPnP /DLNA player to both MediaMonkey and Foobar2000 running on a Windows PC.

to answer your RPi question, I am using LMS with the "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface (v1.0) plugin".

My LMS RPi Picoreplayer instance shows up in HiFi Cast as a player on my Android devices.
After enabling the plugin I can see it in both BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast but not in WiiM. I'd send feedback if you haven't already

If you're using this Pi as a player you're probably better off using something like RoPieee and enabling both the UPnP and Squeezelite interfaces. Whilst it's not currently working with the DLNA cast feature (although it is discovered) it's a much better UPnP endpoint.

If you're using this Pi as a player you're probably better off using something like RoPieee and enabling both the UPnP and Squeezelite interfaces. Whilst it's not currently working with the DLNA cast feature (although it is discovered) it's a much better UPnP endpoint.

Thanks. I will investigate

I just tried the following

Spotify(free account) app running on Windows 11 PC ---Spotify connect ---> Wiim Pro --- DLNA Out ---> RPi running Volumio as DLNA endpoint

It seems to work :). No album art but track text info

Spotify on windows screenshot

1719589408361.png

Volumio screenshot

1719589472782.png

Back