Beta Test: DLNA Cast

I’m on that beta too and not too concerned that it hasn’t yet been updated. It might get updated this week or next, who knows. However, if you don’t wish to wait, I’m sure WiiM will put you back on the public firmware.
Why can't they correctly label the beta firmware as beta? This isn't the first time it has happened.

I’m on that beta too and not too concerned that it hasn’t yet been updated. It might get updated this week or next, who knows. However, if you don’t wish to wait, I’m sure WiiM will put you back on the public firmware.
My Pro Plus is on that version, which isn't marked as a beta, but I have removed my other three devices from the DLNA Cast beta, because it isn't useable for me in the current version.

Hopefully a fixed version will be released soon, and I can continue to test it on my Pro Plus.

My Pro Plus is on that version, which isn't marked as a beta, but I have removed my other three devices from the DLNA Cast beta, because it isn't useable for me in the current version.

Hopefully a fixed version will be released soon, and I can continue to test it on my Pro Plus.
Were your three devices that you removed marked as Beta and you used the Remove button to remove them as Brantome said, or did you open a ticket?

Guess it doesn’t have a way of finding what resolution target speakers can play and maybe then play the lowest common denominator, so it’s pitching the resolution at 24/48 that you’d expect most targets to support. Plus, I must admit, I’ve often argued that 24/48 is sufficient for multi room / “party mode” playback anyway, but the other side of me still likes to see bigger numbers ;)
Other DLNA players that I am used to allow the user to set the maximum sample rate when sending to a DLNA renderer. Anything higher than that level is then down sampled to the specified rate. And, not being able to send a 16/44.1 at its original rate it not the action I would expect. Hopefully at some point the user will be able to set the maximum sample rate to send and lower rates will not be resampled.

For those using dlna cast and usb out beta, are they ready for public release?

For those using dlna cast and usb out beta, are they ready for public release?
DLNA Cast is no where near being ready for release yet, it needs to at least match the features, and sound quality of Airplay 2, and hopefully exceed it.

Or BubbleUPnP if you're on Android

View attachment 8925

Thanks.

If I connect Bluetooth headphones to my phone with BubbleUPnP installed, will I be able to listen to music played on WiiM through the headphones?

Or do I need to use two phones?

Example.
Phone A. Operated by BubbleUPnP.
Phone B. Connect Bluetooth headphones.
DLNA cast from phone A to phone B.

I am not sure how these work...

But if this can be done, it would essentially mean that WiiM can support codecs such as LDAC and APT-X, right?
🤔

Thanks.

If I connect Bluetooth headphones to my phone with BubbleUPnP installed, will I be able to listen to music played on WiiM through the headphones?

Or do I need to use two phones?

Example.
Phone A. Operated by BubbleUPnP.
Phone B. Connect Bluetooth headphones.
DLNA cast from phone A to phone B.

I am not sure how these work...

But if this can be done, it would essentially mean that WiiM can support codecs such as LDAC and APT-X, right?
🤔
Don’t think you’d need two phones - remember it’s the WiiM device that’s doing the DLNA casting, not the phone.

Don’t think you’d need two phones - remember it’s the WiiM device that’s doing the DLNA casting, not the phone.

Yes, I made a mistake. 🙂

But don't you need a smartphone to control the WiiM app (or BubbleUPnP, etc.)?

For example, can I use phone A to control BubbleUPnP, and then use phone A to receive DLNA casts while receiving Bluetooth playback?

Example.
TT >> Wiim >> (DLNA cast) >> Phone >> Bluetooth headphone

Back