Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Yep, delayed.
Just received an e-mail from Crutchfield, ETA of the Ultra changed from 7/5/2024 to 08/12/2024
I cancelled my preorder.

On the bright side, I’d work on the presumption that the new date is a little more ‘informed’. Though that might just be me being optimistic.

Yep, delayed.
Just received an e-mail from Crutchfield, ETA of the Ultra changed from 7/5/2024 to 08/12/2024
I cancelled my preorder.

Mine has been delayed until 7/19. Suspect they have more preorders than the number of units they expect to initially arrive.

Question from one that is new to DACs and streaming, the Ultra specs show 32-bit/384kHz yet all outputs are max of 24-bit/192 kHz? What's the deal? Is the capability at 32-bit/384kHz "for the future?" Thanks!

Question from one that is new to DACs and streaming, the Ultra specs show 32-bit/384kHz yet all outputs are max of 24-bit/192 kHz? What's the deal? Is the capability at 32-bit/384kHz "for the future?" Thanks!
We as human like big numbers. No human can hear such frequency you stated. In fact, you can't hear difference between 96 and 192 especially as you age. Precision audio measurements can but your ear can’t. Our ear are not made like measurements to say night and day difference. It look nice seeing specs. Listening on tidal 44 vs 96 there were slight improvements but nothing earth shattering or wow factor. The only wow factor to me was from vhs to Blu-ray.

We as human like big numbers. No human can hear such frequency you stated. In fact, you can't hear difference between 96 and 192 especially as you age. Precision audio measurements can but your ear can’t. Our ear are not made like measurements to say night and day difference. It look nice seeing specs. Listening on tidal 44 vs 96 there were slight improvements but nothing earth shattering or wow factor. The only wow factor to me was from vhs to Blu-ray.
Thanks!

Back