Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added more pictures showing volume display. No static display for HDMI input that I figured out unless you have the screen set to off. The HDMI CEC does work as expected. The Ultra does switch to HDMI automatically if it's in standby or streaming and the TV is turned on. You can switch back to streaming while the TV is on and use the volume controls without it switching back to HDMI/TV input.
Good to hear that's all working as it should 😎

But currently you're always getting some sort of Vu meter/visualiser when using HDMI then?

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality and reflections.
Nice! Thx for the pictures (quality isnt that great indeed haha 😜). Is it possible to change the color of the volumecontrol pop up? It looks white in your picture and in videos/pictures online it's blue.

So.. is anybody going to pop the hood of their Ultra soon? 😎

Chinese DAC manufacturers usually proudly show the insides of their products - or at least parts of it :)

It's blue.
There isn't an option to set its colour.
And there will never ever be a config setup to change that. Never. Ever.

Trust me, I've been asking the stars and some chicken bones about it.

So.. is anybody going to pop the hood of their Ultra soon? 😎

Chinese DAC manufacturers usually proudly show the insides of their products - or at least parts of it :)
No. The rule here is the first one who mentions that has volunteered to do it with their own device. I’m sure some will await that with bated breath 😜🤣

Last edited:
To WiiM support....

This is my first WiiM product purchase and it has exceeded my expectations. Thank you for producing the Ultra. It is a great product and a great value.

Thanks,

Marvin
Hi Marvin,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're thrilled that your first WiiM product purchase exceeded your expectations. The WiiM Ultra was designed to deliver great value and high performance, so it's fantastic to know that you're enjoying it.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can send a feedback ticket via the WiiM Home App by selecting the Settings tab and then Feedback. Thanks again!

A question for anyone who has (a) an Ultra, (b) an external DAC, and (c) a subwoofer.

Have you managed to output to L&R over your DAC and subwoofer from the Ultra’s dub out, at the same time?

If so, was it easy, could you still use full bass management, PEQ, etc.?

Thank you.

A question for anyone who has (a) an Ultra, (b) an external DAC, and (c) a subwoofer.

Have you managed to output to L&R over your DAC and subwoofer from the Ultra’s dub out, at the same time?

Thank you.
+1

Thank you.

I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for.

I have connected the Ultra's SPDIF output to the DAC and at the same time connected the Sub out to the subwoofer. There is no problem with the output and it can be adjusted with PEQ.

I don't think there is anything else to do other than the basics already mentioned, such as proper cable connections and crossover settings.

However, I currently have the Pro connected to the subwoofer and linked with the Ultra.

I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for.

I have connected the Ultra's SPDIF output to the DAC and at the same time connected the Sub out to the subwoofer. There is no problem with the output and it can be adjusted with PEQ.

I don't think there is anything else to do other than the basics already mentioned, such as proper cable connections and crossover settings.

However, I currently have the Pro connected to the subwoofer and linked with the Ultra.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Can you confirm that the sub’s crossover is working properly, and that frequencies below that are not being sent to the DAC - in other words, it’s not just applying a low pass filter to the sub out, it’s also applying a high pass filter to the digital out to the DAC?

Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Can you confirm that the sub’s crossover is working properly, and that frequencies below that are not being sent to the DAC - in other words, it’s not just applying a low pass filter to the sub out, it’s also applying a high pass filter to the digital out to the DAC?

Thanks again.

According to @onlyoneme measurements, yes.

However, I can still hear a little bass from my main speakers which I have low cut at 100dB.
(Edit: This is a natural result.)

According to @onlyoneme measurements, yes.

However, I can still hear a little bass from my main speakers which I have low cut at 100dB.
(Edit: This is a natural result.)

It's not a brick wall, it will either be 12db or 24db / octave slope.

I presume the wiims offer options of 12/24?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back