Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 I'm pretty intrigued actually by the fact that the RIAA correction takes place in the digital/software domain. Should be near-perfect.
RIAA correction is probably the least thing to worry about.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Ultra to turn off its screen in Standby mode? Right now, it shows a clock with a background image that changes approx every ten seconds. It looks cool, but it is also distracting sitting on my desk updating (flashing essentially) every ten seconds.
No way to change this behaviour, yet. I'm confident a "true" stand-by mode will follow as a configurable option.

The settings could be saved to your account. If after any update, the previous settings are changed -> software does this check automatically, the settings are reverted to the previous ones with information about potential bug to the user. -- that would work only when using app. But it could also impact the hardware.

There are things that could be implemented
If you're afraid of errors in software, make sure to understand that everything in WiiM devices is done in software. Whatever safety measures your are requesting they might be prone to error just as everything else in software. There's no way out of this.

My Ultra is working fine with Fosi (one s) V3 Mono amplifiers for weeks now. No problem over a number of firmware updates.

This is not enough for me. I will be using V3 monoblocks with standby mode. So theoretically they will be very often auto ON when signal comes to them. I also won't be teaching the entire family all the steps and rely on that. It can only be an add-on.

I would expect some ingenious software solutions
Hey, twins! My amplifier also has an auto-on mode when a signal is detected. Part of the draw of the Wiim, for me, was having ARC with CEC. That way, I wake my Apple TV, the TV itself turns on, the Wiim turns on, and (presumably once audio starts playing) the amplifier turns on.

Is an “in line attenuator” something that’s commonly used in this sort of set up? Or is it just an issue here because volume is set by software? I recognize I may be overthinking this, so thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge!

There's no way out of this.
If you build certain steps, they all have to go wrong for a problem to occur. It's a matter of choosing the steps. If the entire software fails completely, its "recovery" should require the user to redefine the settings before using it again.

Even if you cannot eliminate the problem totally, you can reduce the risk to an absolute minimum.

If there is nothing built that could prevent from this issue, that's not good, and you expose others and yourself to losses.

My Ultra is working fine with Fosi (one s) V3 Mono amplifiers for weeks now. No problem over a number of firmware updates.

I work in a software company. The fact that it's working now without any issues, it doesn't mean that it will be working like this forever :) if the potential consequences are high, it's good to do research about it. I leave it to you to think about it

When editing a post, you are not able to continue quoting other parts of the statement, or at least this possibility was not available directly. That's why I made a post under the post.

If you approached a potential problem by saying "My Ultra is working fine with Fosi (one s) V3 Mono amplifiers for weeks now. No problem over a number of firmware updates" God save us... Good job my boy, keep going.

I must say that people become more and more nasty these days.

Blood moon or something?
I know, we've had some issues before, eventually I did not understand your approach in the correct way. But the most important thing: It seems things are going better!?

Fascinating... this is not the forum on which I expected to see this level of sniping....

This is not enough for me. I will be using V3 monoblocks with standby mode. So theoretically they will be very often auto ON when signal comes to them. I also won't be teaching the entire family all the steps and rely on that. It can only be an add-on.

I would expect some ingenious software solutions

You can expect all you want, that’s where we’re at.

:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back