Alpha audio
Hans Beekhuyzen
13th note
A brittish audiophile

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_201814_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_201814_YouTube.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 50
Typo? I get "There are no threads in this forum." when I click it.
Yeah, I’m expecting users to start a new thread for their issue there like has happened for example in this similar subforum rather than just adding to this thread where individual issues are getting lost in the flood…

I must say that people become more and more nasty these days.

Blood moon or something?
Completely agree, these days people are sensitive even a little things they escalate it to stratosphere. You throw them a stone they throw you a grenade in return. Harsh reality.

Yeah, idioms can be fun…

One I had to research while listening to the Zaz song I posted a day or so ago was “les jambes à mon cou” which conjured up all sorts of images 😳 but apparently it means to make a hasty escape, or take to your heels 🤣🤣

Can the Wiim Ultra be used as essentially as a DLNA server? For example if an external SSD is plugged into it via its USB input, can it cast bit perfect audio over ethernet to a DLNA capable receiver, in my case B&O Beolab 28 speakers, whilst reading the full metadata and artwork of the audio files? Thanks

I could never remember idioms or phrasal verbs so I'm pretty sure you've used one to not let me understand it. So I'm free of any responsibility.

Can the Wiim Ultra be used as essentially as a DLNA server? For example if an external SSD is plugged into it via its USB input, can it cast bit perfect audio over ethernet to a DLNA capable receiver, in my case B&O Beolab 28 speakers, whilst reading the full metadata and artwork of the audio files? Thanks
As a basic dlna server, yes.

Basically no configuration functions and no advanced features which are available on "bigger" servers.

Got it. If it can read the audio files stored on an external hard drive, show the artwork on the screen and the metadata as well, and cast the signal via ethernet in a bit perfect fashion while being controlled by the WiiM app, then I am sold. In this scenario the Ultra would simply replace a much noisier NAS or PC as a DLNA server. It would be great if some of the reviewers could test this functions in detail

Yeah, idioms can be fun…

One I had to research while listening to the Zaz song I posted a day or so ago was “les jambes à mon cou” which conjured up all sorts of images 😳 but apparently it means to make a hasty escape, or take to your heels 🤣🤣
"prendre ses jambes a son cou"
french expression

This thread is weird. Are there any actual reviews on the DAC sound quality and functionality?
Not many as yet as it’s only just hit the streets, although some of the functionality will have been touched on already in this very long thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back