Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just that it's retranslated automatically on the forum... I left it like this in the end to please you and smartplug...
but it's only two more clicks..
after that I only really came back in relation to onlyoneme's review..and as it doesn't seem surprisingly interesting...
i m going to go back to planting radishes.....,-)

I think the issue is, not translating it yourself is utterly selfish.

It’s two clicks for you, or it’s two clicks each for multiple forum members because you couldn’t be bothered.

I think the issue is, not translating it yourself is utterly selfish.

It’s two clicks for you, or it’s two clicks each for multiple forum members because you couldn’t be bothered.
you must have noted that since the existence of this forum ( nov 2022)..that's what I've been doing.. .. just a gift...

Last edited:
I really do not understand all these attempts to make him an idiot because of his language defects. I wish them a knowledge of the audio which he posseses.

I really do not understand all these attempts to make him an idiot because of his language defects. I wish them a knowledge of the audio which he posseses.

No attempt to do that at all. In none of my posts have I said, or implied that.

For clarity, I do not think of him as an idiot because of his language skills.

Also, stop saying me and Steve reason you left
I didn't write that anywhere...even if it was a bit of a play at the time when you two weren't letting me go...it was just becoming harder for me to participate even though I had been there for a very long time...but I'm a big boy and it's honestly not a big deal...I don't need to "exist" here...reading it can be enough for me...it's really the dialogue sharing it with onlyoneme that made me rewrite and participate... when we see the turn of onlyoneme's post which could simply be factual feedback... it on the other hand makes me return to my radishes.... have fun ,-)

Back to the video we were discussing.

Leaving aside subjectivist or objectivist approaches, how many here feel that the Ultra is ‘creeping into the high end’?

Features-wise, that certainly appears to be the case. And I’m not hearing from anyone that it doesn’t sound great.

That part you stated better rca cable. Audioholic states that this so called high quality cable doesn’t provide better sound than the rca that came from your unit. His data came from precision audio and not from subjective or horse mouth. The extra money just buy you rf shielding and fancy looking cable. Rf shielding matters if you have such issue otherwise it won’t enhance the signal that goes out. I was once skeptical on high quality cable and tried well known brand audio quest. This brand is not cheap in fact they are expensive as you go up in ladder. I did not hear difference so I just return it. I know someone will say snake oil 😂
RCA cables used to matter a lot with turntables, because cartridges have a very low signal and are extremely sensitive to impedance mismatch. I’m going to suggest that the cables supplied by the manufacturer are probably adequate.

Has there been any update as to when we can expect the Ultra to support Airplay?
I’d refer you to what WiiM say in the first post, particularly the second sentence:

Please note: Airplay certification is still pending, and while we don't have a definitive timeline, we chose not to delay the launch of the WiiM Ultra. If you primarily use Airplay to stream music, we recommend waiting until it's certified or looking at other WiiM products.”

My personal take on that is that if Airplay is important to you, don’t buy the Ultra until it is Airplay certified. I also guess WiiM would have put a target date on its certification if they knew, but as has been proved by Roon certification in the past it can take a fair amount of time to achieve such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back