Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious how well wiim rc to well known dirac compared to its sound quality. Has anyone has Dirac in here?
I have Dirac, but in my Home Theater. So not on the same system. I did notice a similar type of sound immediately though. It was generally rich and smooth. The WIIM RC was more detailed and vibrant, but it’s all probably system and room dependent frankly.

I requested the USB Out using the Beta form. Any idea how long until I might see a push?

Someone posted a pic a while ago of a 'custom EQ' screen on the touchscreen of the Ultra.

Could anyone give more details?

Hoe easy is it to bring that custom eq screen up?

Is it an easy way of swapping between pre-programmed PEQ settings?

Can these be named by the user?

How is it set up?

Any information, pics, videos, etc., very welcome.

Many thanks.

Someone posted a pic a while ago of a 'custom EQ' screen on the touchscreen of the Ultra.

Could anyone give more details?

Hoe easy is it to bring that custom eq screen up?

Is it an easy way of swapping between pre-programmed PEQ settings?

Can these be named by the user?

How is it set up?

Any information, pics, videos, etc., very welcome.

Many thanks.

The custom PEQ set in WHA is directly reflected in the Ultra screen. You can switch PEQ by tapping the button on this screen.

This report is worrying enough for me to cancel my pre-order. My Wiim Amo is playing in the background via AirPlay, AirPlay is kinda essential. I mean, there are enough ways to work around it but if it doesn’t work seamlessly and effortlessly my family members get confused. They were pleasantly surprised by how much easier everything became with the Wiim Amp and anything less would be a regression.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/wiim-ultra-not-getting-apple-airplay/

This report is worrying enough for me to cancel my pre-order. My Wiim Amo is playing in the background via AirPlay, AirPlay is kinda essential. I mean, there are enough ways to work around it but if it doesn’t work seamlessly and effortlessly my family members get confused. They were pleasantly surprised by how much easier everything became with the Wiim Amp and anything less would be a regression.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/wiim-ultra-not-getting-apple-airplay/

Have you read that article?

It says that, if you’ve been using AirPlay you probably weren’t getting lossless anyway, and you’ll be no worse off with Bluetooth.

The custom PEQ set in WHA is directly reflected in the Ultra screen. You can switch PEQ by tapping the button on this screen.

Can you name these yourself (do they carry over the name you gave the PEQ)?

Can they be put in custom order? If not, in what order do they appear?

Many thanks.

Still I find this very hard to believe...

If it's really a hardware limitation, then how would it be possible that one can easily install Volumio, Moode or another music streaming OS on a Raspberry PI and simply toggle Airplay on/off? I wonder what's the source behind the article. Not going to believe it until I hear from @WiiM Team

I guess the damage done a few months before was a bit too big already. The author wrote "never" and I would like to hold a bet on that 😉.
Also, every die-hard Airplay user with the related equipment will not accept BT instead, even if there is no difference in sound, but in handling. WiiM advertised Airplay, so the fault is clear on one side.

I guess the damage done a few months before was a bit too big already. The author wrote "never" and I would like to hold a bet on that 😉.
Also, every die-hard Airplay user with the related equipment will not accept BT instead, even if there is no difference in sound, but in handling. WiiM advertised Airplay, so the fault is clear on one side.

They advertised it as hopefully coming soon. 🤷‍♂️

Still I find this very hard to believe...
I agree. I can’t imagine otherwise then that AirPlay will come, how could it not when it is in all their other products?

But I have an outstanding, pre-paid pre-order with no solid release date and some uncertainty on how soon the Ultra would work for my situation. On balance I would rather have my money back in my pocket and wait it all out than be in the front of the queue for delivery.

I want the Ultra – with AirPlay – because it seems amazing. To my mind only an Eversolo A8 would be better for me but that is beyond my budget and actually drops the phono input which I am interested in if it can replace my separate phono pre-amp. Besides, like many, I have a set of Fosi V3 mono amps waiting to be hooked up to the Ultra.

Quick add: agreed that Bluetooth is not in any way comparable to AirPlay regarding convince and nowhere near a stand-in for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back