Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you name these yourself (do they carry over the name you gave the PEQ)?

Can they be put in custom order? If not, in what order do they appear?

Many thanks.

The names and order created in WHA are reflected directly on the screen. 🙂

From the top left, there are up to 4 custom PEQs, RC(AUTO), 4 custom GEQs, and finally the preset GEQs. It is not possible to rearrange them on the screen.
1000000785.jpg
1000000783.jpg

Thanks for that.

How many of these can't use Chromecast Audio and reply on AirPlay?
That's just a matter of the sort of device you're using, not the apps. An iPhone simply won't list a Chromecast endpoint... at least not natively.
On the other hand Android phones won't see Airplay endpoints.

Let me help you. What does the fact that YOU do not use a feature mean for others and is nothing more than another line in the row?

The names and order created in WHA are reflected directly on the screen. 🙂

From the top left, there are up to 4 custom PEQs, RC(AUTO), 4 custom GEQs, and finally the preset GEQs. It is not possible to rearrange them on the screen.
View attachment 9525
View attachment 9526

Cheers.

From memory, I think they're listed in the order you create them...or reverse that.

When mine arrives I'll check that out, then input them so they're listed in the order I'd like.

It was less a question of whether it was needed, but by how many.
Again, I always love to get a bit informed by you. Thanks a lot 😉. And quite sure the iPhone users will stay a minority and 13% of the streaming market will remain a petitesse.😎

Last edited:
I agree. I can’t imagine otherwise then that AirPlay will come, how could it not when it is in all their other products?

But I have an outstanding, pre-paid pre-order with no solid release date and some uncertainty on how soon the Ultra would work for my situation. On balance I would rather have my money back in my pocket and wait it all out than be in the front of the queue for delivery.

I want the Ultra – with AirPlay – because it seems amazing. To my mind only an Eversolo A8 would be better for me but that is beyond my budget and actually drops the phono input which I am interested in if it can replace my separate phono pre-amp. Besides, like many, I have a set of Fosi V3 mono amps waiting to be hooked up to the Ultra.

Quick add: agreed that Bluetooth is not in any way comparable to AirPlay regarding convince and nowhere near a stand-in for it.
There are cheap AirPlay dongles that you can connect via digital out. I’m using the belkin soundform, but there are cheaper ones too. I happened to already have the Belkin. Works perfectly and you can even rename it WiiM Ultra if you want!

Again, I always love to get a bit informed by you. Thanks a lot 😉. And quite sure the iPhone users will stay a minority and 13% of the streaming market will remain a petitesse.😎

You've missed the point.

Firstly, this isn't iPhone users. It's Apple Music users. I use an iPhone, but for Amazon Music Unlimited.

Secondly, your posts suggests I'd indicated those users didn't count. I said nothing of the sort. I just said that, with such a relatively small number, fewer units would need replacing.

You do appear to be deliberately trying to turn a discussion into an argument.

Let me help you. What does the fact that YOU do not use a feature mean for others and is nothing more than another line in the row?

He's not said that at all, just that, like me, as he doesn't use it himself, he's not been keeping up to date.

Once more, two posts in a few minutes where you've quite deliberately tried to misrepresent what someone has said, in a clear attempt to start an argument where there was none.

Since when are iPhone users/Apple users in general a minority?

Since when are iPhone users/Apple users in general a minority?
Globally they are. Maybe not in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back