New Ultra

Update: I added passive volume between ultra and amp. Now, I can very fine tune volume. I find this setting more immersive since ultra is set on fixed 2v.

Update: I added passive volume between ultra and amp. Now, I can very fine tune volume. I find this setting more immersive since ultra is set on fixed 2v.
Good morning, gentlemen. Hello, Smartplug.
Could you, please, share with us what is the device that allows you to control the volume passively?
Thank you!

Good morning, gentlemen. Hello, Smartplug.
Could you, please, share with us what is the device that allows you to control the volume passively?
Thank you!
If you’re experiencing volume get too loud in few click, you can use pregain. WiFi pregain allow for more gradual volume increase mine set -10db. Prior to pregain, I was using passive volume. I took out the passive volume after the introduction of pregain. If you’re interested on passive volume, put passive between wiim and amp. You set wiim fixed volume and passive attenuator will be the control.

And just in case you might be interested in running a subwoofer you have to change its level every time you're touching the passive volume control ...

Good observation, my dear Harkpabst.
I'm actually a little reluctant to control the volume with a digital actuator. The idea is to connect directly to a power amplifier and I don't trust that type of controls much. Thanks for the clarification!

Good observation, my dear Harkpabst.
I'm actually a little reluctant to control the volume with a digital actuator. The idea is to connect directly to a power amplifier and I don't trust that type of controls much. Thanks for the clarification!
Running my WiiM Ultra directly into a pair of V3 Mono for about two months now. No issues whatsoever.

@harkpabst What is the temperature of your V3 monos? I have them too, and I'm a little nervous about them getting so hot!

Without any speakers even connected yet:
In standby mode: 37C
Turned ON but without any load: 45C
When connected to speakers (92dB speakers) and playing music (around -50dB): Around 50C or even more.

Room temp: 26C

Last edited:
@harkpabst What is the temperature of your V3 monos? I have them too, and I'm a little nervous about them getting so hot!

Without any speakers even connected yet:
In standby mode: 37C
Turned ON but without any load: 45C
When connected to speakers (92dB speakers) and playing music (around -50dB): Around 50C or even more.

Room temp: 26C
I didn't measure the temperature, yet but they're running hot (with hot as in hot). I set them to auto on for that reason. I wouldn't run them without any load for any prolonged time.

I find these temperatures quite surprising for a class D chip amp with external power brick, but obviously it "normal" with the V3 Monos.

I didn't measure the temperature, yet but they're running hot (with hot as in hot). I set them to auto on for that reason. I wouldn't run them without any load for any prolonged time.

I find these temperatures quite surprising for a class D chip amp with external power brick, but obviously it "normal" with the V3 Monos.
Have you measured the power consumption?

Running my WiiM Ultra directly into a pair of V3 Mono for about two months now. No issues whatsoever.
It's very good to know.
And in reference to the V3 mono, I give you a clipping from the Fosi website. In one part it indicates that if it is used with a 10 amp source, the possibility of the system overheating is reduced:

1724413281923.jpeg

And in reference to the V3 mono, I give you a clipping from the Fosi website. In one part it indicates that if it is used with a 10 amp source, the possibility of the system overheating is reduced:

View attachment 10748
That statement doesn't make too much sense. What is the "system" overheating?

A single 48 V 5 A PSU can provide up to 5 A at full voltage to a single monoblock. A shared 48 V 10 A PSU could in theory provide e.g. 7 A to one monoblock as long as the other doesn't draw more that 3A at the same time.

I don't see how this could lower the operating temperature of any of the two monoblocks.

That statement doesn't make too much sense. What is the "system" overheating?

A single 48 V 5 A PSU can provide up to 5 A at full voltage to a single monoblock. A shared 48 V 10 A PSU could in theory provide e.g. 7 A to one monoblock as long as the other doesn't draw more that 3A at the same time.

I don't see how this could lower the operating temperature of any of the two monoblocks.
I reckon they mean the power supply is less likely to overheat not the amplifier.

I really don't know how amperage can affect the overall system. Anyway, I think it refers to the configuration of two independent 10A supplies, one for each monoblock. In that case, perhaps, by working with more current, the circuit does so in a less demanding manner and generates less temperature (I say this without absolutely any knowledge about electronics, excuse me if I am saying something stupid).
Maybe some engineer or technician in the forum can enlighten us.
But at the end of the day it is an official statement from Fosi Audio.
The debate is on, guys!

Some engineer did already enlighten you that Fosi's statements regarding "system overheating" are bollocks. ;)

Last edited:
Having the same setup, V3 Monos set to auto but realized on very low output volume (some focus music during work) one of the monos turns off.
Anybody running into sth similar?

Having the same setup, V3 Monos set to auto but realized on very low output volume (some focus music during work) one of the monos turns off.
Anybody running into sth similar?
No, at least not yet.

Do you have them (both :)) on the low gain setting (25 dB)? If so and one still requires a higher level for auto on than the other, there's really not much you can do, but talk to the seller for a replacement.Or don't use the auto position.

Back