WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.630635 Update - Sep 27, 2024

When both toggle are enabled you’re getting double dose bass. Both main and sub produce full range. Its all personal preference even other disagree on the concept.
That's the worst of all worlds. I want full range to sub so sub x over can manage it, and ultra crossover to mains. Maybe there's a setting for mains crossover somewhere else, because the sub crossover Fr selection is greyed out.

That's the worst of all worlds. I want full range to sub so sub x over can manage it, and ultra crossover to mains. Maybe there's a setting for mains crossover somewhere else, because the sub crossover Fr selection is greyed out.
Someone else mentioned the greyed out crossover frequency. I agree with you it should be active as a high pass to the main speakers.

Someone else mentioned the greyed out crossover frequency. I agree with you it should be active as a high pass to the main speakers.
I'll raise a ticket as it makes no sense as it's configured at the moment. However, the intent is very welcome, potentially solves some sub problems.
I'm hoping we get sub latency next, that would be a big benefit for those of us who have to put the sub outside of the plane / arc of the mains

If wiim app crossover set 80 when you enable subwoofer bypass it will send frequency above 80 for main and subwoofer will get full range. The subwoofer bypass produce tight rock solid bass. When off, bass was loose and don’t like how it sound.
Can you set the crossover when the subwoofer bypass is set? A couple of people have said the crossover settings is greyed out.

Can you set the crossover when the subwoofer bypass is set? A couple of people have said the crossover settings is greyed out.
Logically if it's greyed out, it's disabled? Surely the procedure isn't to disable sub bypass, set sub crossover, then enable sub bypass?
If it is, it's a bit clunky!

I'm hoping we get sub latency next, that would be a big benefit for those of us who have to put the sub outside of the plane / arc of the mains
It's already there, just manual,.not automatic (which is difficult anyway).

Once the sub bypass is enable whatever set crossover is where the frequency go to main. Let say you want crossover at 70 disable sub bypass then change to 70 then enable it.

I know many of you are like what the heck full range subwoofer? Wiim put that feature for reason for those who want it nobody is forcing you it’s just a choice. In theory these toggle switch are not necessary because once you set the crossover below the range goes to sub and up go to main. Forget the theory crap if sounds good on your ear it’s doesn’t matter what you think.

You miss the point. The set crossover is where frequency goes to your main. Having sub bypass will get you the impact that sub was meant to be tight powerful bass not only that you can hear but also feel it. Don’t get annoyed on so called full range. Try it you have nothing to loose.

Once the sub bypass is enable whatever set crossover is where the frequency go to main. Let say you want crossover at 70 disable sub bypass then change to 70 then enable it.
How do you know that is true? It doesn't make sense to grey out the crossover setting at all if it is still active.

Last edited:
How do you know that is true? It doesn't make sense to grey out the crossover setting at all of it is still active.
Because I made an experiment from lowest to the highest. At the highest, you could hear voice leaking on sub which you don’t want.

How do you know that is true? It doesn't make sense to grey out the crossover setting at all of it is still active.
Hi Slartibartfast,

Two options are now available for the Subwoofer: 1. Subwoofer Bypass Mode 2. Main Speakers Output Bass. Please review the output frequency settings for both the Subwoofer and Main Speakers:

Subwoofer Bypass Mode: On
Main Speakers Output Bass: Off
The subwoofer will output full-range frequency audio, while the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.

Main Speakers Output Bass: On
Both the subwoofer and main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

Subwoofer Bypass Mode: Off
The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, while the main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, and the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.

Hi Slartibartfast,

Two options are now available for the Subwoofer: 1. Subwoofer Bypass Mode 2. Main Speakers Output Bass. Please review the output frequency settings for both the Subwoofer and Main Speakers:

The subwoofer will output full-range frequency audio, while the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.

Both the subwoofer and main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, while the main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, and the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.
This is what you forgot to read from wiim!

Back