WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.630635 Update - Sep 27, 2024

I just submitted a feedback as my trigger is still not working after this update (although it initially worked after the update - the next day it didn't). I also have an issue with my Mac APP......the device input and output choices are not correct. My IOS devices have all available but the Mac version is missing quite a few. For instance, instance "ethernet" is missing from Input, and "headphone" is missing from output.

In addition, the screen turning off was instead always on after the update even thought the settings had it to turn off in standby. Now, I get the clock in standby.

Seems something fishy is going on in standby when the unit times out.

Haha, that’s why I don’t like to be beta tester because if new features comes out you will be left behind. Do you still want to be beta tester? If not, you can opt it out where the update location.
I have asked WiiM if it's worth me staying on the beta since it doesn't currently work with the subwoofer. Let's see what they say. I wonder how many are using the beta.

I rarely use my ears to calibrate anything because they're poor measurement instruments (ears generally not just mine).
I generally agree (I'm not inclined with the golden ear group in this or any other forum). Making a relative judgement like "which is louder" for a pure sine wave should be doable by ear, though.

It still shouldn't be greyed out though 🤔
I could easily confirm (by ear ;) ) that the high pass filter still works, even if the slider is greyed out. Setting the crossover frequency to 250 Hz makes it a piece of cake.

I also start to see the reasoning behind the greyed out slider. The whole idea behind SBM is not to let the sub play as high as it can (although someone might think so). The idea is to let the subwoofer's built-in low pass match the WiiM's high pass for the mains. So the process (leaving out level and delay adjustments) would be like:
  1. Select your desired high pass frequency in the WiiM Home App.
  2. Enable Subwoofer Bypass mode.
  3. Adjust the subwoofer's upper frequency knob until you get a good match.
In this scenario it actually makes sense to protect you from unintentionally changing the high pass crossover frequency, once your setup is complete.

If you want to try out a different setting, disable SBM, select a different high pass filter crossover frequency and enable SBM again. This will almost for sure require you to change your sub's settings.

At a second thought I feel like WiiM once again turned out smarter than me.

I generally agree (I'm not inclined with the golden ear group in this or any other forum). Making a relative judgement like "which is louder" for a pure sine wave should be doable by ear, though.

I could easily confirm (by ear ;) ) that the high pass filter still works, even if the slider is greyed out. Setting the crossover frequency to 250 Hz makes it a piece of cake.

I also start to see the reasoning behind the greyed out slider. The whole idea behind SBM is not to let the sub play as high as it can (although someone might think so). The idea is to let the subwoofer's built-in low pass match the WiiM's high pass for the mains. So the process (leaving out level and delay adjustments) would be like:
In this scenario it actually makes sense to protect you from unintentionally changing the high pass crossover frequency, once your setup is complete.
Hmm, I think you are giving them too much credit. You might be protected from unintentionally changing the high pass filter but you can still switch both toggle switches "unintentionally" 🤣

Hmm, I think you are giving them too much credit. You might be protected from unintentionally changing the high pass filter but you can still switch both toggle switches "unintentionally" 🤣
True. 😂

But at least that greyed out slider may give you a reminder that you are in SBM without scrolling to the bottom of the page. :p

True. 😂

But at least that greyed out slider may give you a reminder that you are in SBM without scrolling to the bottom of the page. :p
Once you enter Subwoofer Bypass Mode you also need to worry about the phase control on the Subwoofer as well as the delay control in the app 🤣

If you want to try out a different setting, disable SBM, select a different high pass filter crossover frequency and enable SBM again. This will almost for sure require you to change your sub's settings.

That is, in essence, what I meant to say. (Yes, I just lied.)

Nevertheless, thank you for using "SBM".😁

Back