WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.630635 Update - Sep 27, 2024

Hi Slartibartfast,

Two options are now available for the Subwoofer: 1. Subwoofer Bypass Mode 2. Main Speakers Output Bass. Please review the output frequency settings for both the Subwoofer and Main Speakers:

Subwoofer Bypass Mode: On
Main Speakers Output Bass: Off
The subwoofer will output full-range frequency audio, while the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.

Main Speakers Output Bass: On
Both the subwoofer and main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

Subwoofer Bypass Mode: Off
The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, while the main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, and the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.
I think we've already figured that out, the question is why grey out the x over in option 1 and 2

Hi Slartibartfast,

Two options are now available for the Subwoofer: 1. Subwoofer Bypass Mode 2. Main Speakers Output Bass. Please review the output frequency settings for both the Subwoofer and Main Speakers:

The subwoofer will output full-range frequency audio, while the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.

Both the subwoofer and main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, while the main speakers will output full-range frequency audio.

The subwoofer will output only audio at the crossover frequency, and the main speakers will output audio frequencies above the crossover frequency.
I can't try any of this as I'm still on the beta firmware for L/R room correction..I have no idea why the beta firmwares don't get updated with new official features but that is how it is.

I known what your thinking having option won’t hurt if you don’t like it.
Bit it's a pointless and confusing option. It's poorly designed, that's my point. If I wanted multiple options I'd invest in a raspberry pi and do it myself!

I think we've already figured that out, the question is why grey out the x over in option 1 and 2
When you enable sub bypass the crossover will greyed out. So if you want to change it, disable it and make a change then enable. Ask wiim, I don’t know why it greyed out when sub bypass is enabled. In theory it make no sense but in practice it will rewarded you how good a sound would be.

I can't try any of this as I'm still on the beta firmware for L/R room correction..I have no idea why the beta firmwares don't get updated with new official features but that is how it is.
Haha, that’s why I don’t like to be beta tester because if new features comes out you will be left behind. Do you still want to be beta tester? If not, you can opt it out where the update location.

We need a method to set the right value.
Method 1:
Calculate. 34 cm difference in distance equal 1 ms.

Method 2:
Listen. Louder is simply always better in this case.

Wiim already explain it. When toggle is enable is full range is that simple. You want double dose bass? Enable both toggle.
Please, spend some time reading instead writing at least from time to time. Different topic.

Bit it's a pointless and confusing option. It's poorly designed, that's my point. If I wanted multiple options I'd invest in a raspberry pi and do it myself!
In my opinion, this is one of the best feature since rc. I’m sure you will disagree and respect you for that.

Method 1:
Calculate. 34 cm difference in distance equal 1 ms.

Method 2:
Listen. Louder is simply always better in this case.
My sub is sitting next the right main speaker. I used REW and adjusted the delay until the response around the crossover was maximised and ended up with 6ms. I suppose you could play a tone at the crossover frequency and adjust the delay and listen for the loudest setting.

It's already there, just manual,.not automatic (which is difficult anyway).
That's what I was hoping for. It's really difficult to do it manually. Mind sounds great between 0ms and 30ms which isn't right. Ears are crap at so many things.

My sub is sitting next the right main speaker. I used REW and adjusted the delay until the response around the crossover was maximised and ended up with 6ms. I suppose you could play a tone at the crossover frequency and adjust the delay and listen for the loudest setting.
Yep. :)

That's what I was hoping for. It's really difficult to do it manually. Mind sounds great between 0ms and 30ms which isn't right. Ears are crap at so many things.
If you cannot hear a difference, what improvement do you expect? ;). Acoustically measuring the distance to the (slow) subwoofer is not that easy at all. Just playing a tone right at the crossover frequency and dialing in the number for the loudest response can be done even without using REW.

RoomPerfect, the room correction system developed by Lyngdorf and one of the most advanced in existence, doesn't even attempt to determine the distances.tonthe speakers. Users have to enter them manually.

Yep. :)

If you cannot hear a difference, what improvement do you expect? ;). Acoustically measuring the distance to the (slow) subwoofer is not that easy at all. Just playing a tone right at the crossover frequency and dialing in the number for the loudest response can be done even without using REW.

RoomPerfect, the room correction system developed by Lyngdorf and one of the most advanced in existence, doesn't even attempt to determine the distances.tonthe speakers. Users have to enter them manually.
Thank you. In which case I'll use what sounds OK given the range of effectivity. I rarely use my ears to calibrate anything because they're poor measurement instruments (ears generally not just mine).

Back