Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this knowledge: Why don't you have this 5k? Make money with all what you think to know.
Who said I dont have 5K ?
I just wont buy expensive underperforming gear . The highend business are full of it.
However - I didnt mean that the Rose is a bad product - I have no evidence on that .

Coming reviews of the WiiM ultra to be trusted :

iiwi
Erins audio corner
ASR
Cheap audio man
Darko

Not to be trusted :

Alpha audio
Hans
13th note
A brittish audiophile
That's a very subjective list, even if I tend to agree in some cases.

I would have to add a couple more to the not trustworthy list (and I would move at least one down to it). ;)

Who said I dont have 5K ?
I just wont buy expensive underperforming gear . The highend business are full of it.
However - I didnt mean that the Rose is a bad product - I have no evidence on that .
I always said I love my WiiMs for their price and their performance as a streamer. (My opinion about the Amp is different and has historic reasons)
What I hate and ever will criticize is the bashing of people who like to have prettier things and are able and willing to spend more. And I hate it even more when I have the strong feeling they think I am an idiot with no knowledge and easy to spoof.
Haptic, optic and build quality of the WiiMs is simply not mine. Here are, like in nearly every forum, a lot of envy soaked posts around. For sure not from the majority!! Nobody will confess, but some prove it with posts.

Coming reviews of the WiiM ultra to be trusted :

iiwi
Erins audio corner
ASR
Cheap audio man
Darko

Not to be trusted :

Alpha audio
Hans Beekhuyzen
13th note
A brittish audiophile
And the earth is flat..
Trust nobody!

I know LDAC bluetooth transmitter codec is not being supported at the moment. Is there any roadmap to add this feature in the future? I wouldn’t mind to add some $$ for this additional feature.

Thanks,
K

I always said I love my WiiMs for their price and their performance as a streamer. (My opinion about the Amp is different and has historic reasons)
What I hate and ever will criticize is the bashing of people who like to have prettier things and are able and willing to spend more. And I hate it even more when I have the strong feeling they think I am an idiot with no knowledge and easy to spoof.
Haptic, optic and build quality of the WiiMs is simply not mine. Here are, like in nearly every forum, a lot of envy soaked posts around. For sure not from the majority!! Nobody will confess, but some prove it with posts.
Why dont you hate reviewers who bashes good products just because they are cheap and threathens their business forcing them to tell lies over and over ?

I have owned very expensive gear a couple of years ago so I know what highend is . I didnt mean to offend you . Ofcourse its nice with a thick metallic box and gear that just works . Its also nice to believe that the expensive gear I have bought is really special.

Electronics are however NOT like cars , there is no reason to believe that the performance soundvise would be worse in a streamer for 400 dollars compared to a streamer for 30000 . Electronics are cheap as chips and the performance is all about implementation.

I can give you a good example from the cinema area:

An Apple TV 4k latest generation is a formidable moviestreamer for the money . Very good picture, good stable wifi and very user friendly . It has a ”highend” metallic remote control. It costs only 200 dollars to buy it to get high res capability for movies and a very nice interface.

Why is hifi gear so much more expensive ? Is it more expensive to play 24 bit sound with 196 kHz sample rate than streaming 4K material 100 times faster ?

Last edited:
I have owned very expensive gear a couple of years ago so I know what highend is . I didnt medan to offend you . Ofcourse its nice with a thick metalic box and gear that just works .

Electronics are however NOT like cars , there is no reason to believe that the performance soundvise would be worse in a streamer for 400 dollars compared to a streamer for 30000 . Electronics are cheap as chips and the performance is all about implementation.

I can give you a good example from the cinema area:

An Apple TV 4k latest generation is a formidable moviestreamer for the money . Very good picture, good stable wifi and very user friendly . It costs only 200 dollars to buy it to get high res capability for movies and a very nice interface.

Why is hifi gear so much more expensive ? Is it more expensive to play 24 bit sound with 196 kHz sample rate than streaming 4K material 100 times faster ?
Even more interesting, the Roku Ultra has a great 4k upscale for $80. No games, but a USB port and an excellent media player

There is different to years or decades before every possibility to buy and own excellent gear for relatively small money. Let's all be happy about that. Why not simply accept that there is a tremendous number of people who pay the high prices. Many of this expensive brands are extremely successful, no dust covered warehouses. It keeps the whole thing running. Why are this "why" questions so important? Why are medicines so ridiculous expensive? Why is renting a flat so expensive? Why are companies allowed to earn a fortune with WATER?
No one is forced to buy this expensive stuff. And no one is forced to buy the less expensive stuff. So peace and everyone on his own preferences.

You have to do tests at home to see for yourself that a WiiM pro probably sounds exactly as a Rose rs150b if used as digital transport to an external dac . If they sound different , then its probably the Rose that changes the digital signal . The WiiM products are the worlds most technical tested steamers, I havent seen any review with measurement of the Rose anywhere.
Here's a Rose streamer from 2021 or so; they are technically competent, so, like the WiiM Ultra, will be transparent (and indistinguishable soundwise).

There is different to years or decades before every possibility to buy and own excellent gear for relatively small money. Let's all be happy about that. Why not simply accept that there is a tremendous number of people who pay the high prices. Many of this expensive brands are extremely successful, no dust covered warehouses. It keeps the whole thing running. Why are this "why" questions so important? Why are medicines so ridiculous expensive? Why is renting a flat so expensive? Why are companies allowed to earn a fortune with WATER?
No one is forced to buy this expensive stuff. And no one is forced to buy the less expensive stuff. So peace and everyone on his own preferences.
I agree on that !
I just dont like reviewers who bashes good cheap products just to promote more expensive gear, its just as bad as bashing expensive gear.

There is still a solid analogy between cars and electronics. My Subaru gets me everywhere I need to go, and in relative comfort, good safety, and with decent gas mileage. Buying an equivalent Mercedes, Lexus or whatever won't get me there any faster. One may prefer the looks of another car, or think it more luxurious, like the faster acceleration, or enjoy some of the extra bells and whistles, but none of those change the process of getting from point A to B. And there is also the "status" aspect. Some people associate their personal image and self-worth with the brand names of the objects they buy. That's a basic trait of human behavior that has been around forever -- look at the burial sites of ancient nobility from around the world and the treasures buried with the aristocrats.

The same things applies to audiophiles. For a lot of them, the status of the equipment they buy is just as important as the sound, though that is not to say they won't be telling themselves some stories about the superior sound they hear. Heard a fellow the other day say that half his brain is selling something and the other half is buying it. ;)

Some think branded medicines are better than generic medicines with exactly the same active ingredients 😀

So what? If the generics are significant cheaper than its good.
Fact is they aren't..thats the bs.
(edited)

I agree on that !
I just dont like reviewers who bashes good cheap products just to promote more expensive gear, its just as bad as bashing expensive gear.
this reviewer didn't bash the Ultra or anything even remotely close to it, you either didn't watch it or you were so biased going in that you didn't listen to what he actually said.

he actually said it outperformed his/their expectations by quite a bit in almost every aspect and that he highly recommended it.

WiiM mini was a revolution when it came out. A bitcorrect good sounding streamer for 99 bucks. Now, with the more expensive WiiM ultra the company goes into highend performance territorium for very little money.

They better put their helmets on.

Last edited:
I know LDAC bluetooth transmitter codec is not being supported at the moment. Is there any roadmap to add this feature in the future? I wouldn’t mind to add some $$ for this additional feature.

Thanks,
K
Haven’t seen any indication of that. I’d look at an external BT receiver/transmitter with LDAC support and connect that to your WiiM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back