Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know LDAC bluetooth transmitter codec is not being supported at the moment. Is there any roadmap to add this feature in the future? I wouldn’t mind to add some $$ for this additional feature.

Thanks,
K
From the ultra q&a I'd say not.

Will the Bluetooth output support aptX and/or LDAC codecs?It does not support aptX or LDAC codecs. However, it does support the BT LE Audio codec LC3, in addition to SBC and AAC codecs.

There is still a solid analogy between cars and electronics. My Subaru gets me everywhere I need to go, and in relative comfort, good safety, and with decent gas mileage. Buying an equivalent Mercedes, Lexus or whatever won't get me there any faster. One may prefer the looks of another car, or think it more luxurious, like the faster acceleration, or enjoy some of the extra bells and whistles, but none of those change the process of getting from point A to B. And there is also the "status" aspect. Some people associate their personal image and self-worth with the brand names of the objects they buy. That's a basic trait of human behavior that has been around forever -- look at the burial sites of ancient nobility from around the world and the treasures buried with the aristocrats.

The same things applies to audiophiles. For a lot of them, the status of the equipment they buy is just as important as the sound, though that is not to say they won't be telling themselves some stories about the superior sound they hear. Heard a fellow the other day say that half his brain is selling something and the other half is buying it. ;)
As a confirmed Subaru owner, I have to say that BMWs are more fun to drive. But my previous Subi felt remarkably attached to the road. Maybe it was the tires. My newer one feels a bit squishy.

has anyone seen a video or pictures of how the phono ground gets attached to the ultra? Is there an adapter included with the ultra?

has anyone seen a video or pictures of how the phono ground gets attached to the ultra? Is there an adapter included with the ultra?
@WiiM Team - please update the faq
The ultra faq page says this, but I believe it's been said that it will include a phono ground adapter.

What accessories, etc, will come with the unit in the box?Power cable, HDMI, RCA, Optical Cable, and Voice Remote

There is still a solid analogy between cars and electronics. My Subaru gets me everywhere I need to go, and in relative comfort, good safety, and with decent gas mileage. Buying an equivalent Mercedes, Lexus or whatever won't get me there any faster. ;)

I drive a 17yo Ford Focus with 115 non-turbo horsepower. I can get you safely from point A to point B faster than your Subaru or an equivalent Mercedes or Lexus. But you're gonna need diapers and earplugs because the sound insulation in that car is horrible and we're gonna redline and hit the rev limiter all the way through. :D

Didn't look, just found. So do not blame me for anything: I do not know the content, but I know about the love for reviews 😂😝

Most generic hifi review jibber jabber ever haha

I think it's pretty neat the RIAA correction happens in the digital domain. This would mean that in theory the phono sound characteristics can be improved as well.

Most generic hifi review jibber jabber ever haha

I think it's pretty neat the RIAA correction happens in the digital domain. This would mean that in theory the phono sound characteristics can be improved as well.
My hope was really that this was closed. Please, do not make me responsible for the content. 😂😂

Just commented about the room correction being iPhones only,was surprised everyone in the US has iPhones apparently, not so in the UK
Love his reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back