WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.630635 Update - Sep 27, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.630635 (In Progress)

Release date:

9 / 27 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Advanced Subwoofer Controls (requires app version 2.11.7 or later):
    • Subwoofer Bypass Mode: Allows main speakers to output bass even when the subwoofer is active.
    • Full-Range Subwoofer Audio: Sends full-range audio to the subwoofer without applying a crossover.
  2. Screen Enhancements:
  • Displays high-quality artwork for NAS and Samba files
  • Added support for Vietnamese font display.
  • Address various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.

Bug Fixes:
  1. USB Index Fix: Fixed an issue that stopped full music scans for some WAV files.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Does this still have the L/R correction from the beta firmware ?

I can't upgrade from the beta firmware for some reason, it says I'm up to date ?

I can't upgrade from the beta firmware for some reason, it says I'm up to date ?
If you’re on a beta whitelist, you don’t get the normal public releases. You need to ask to come off the beta if you no longer want to participate in it so you can get the routine updates

Edit: if the version number that shows in the app says “(beta)”, then you should be able to click on that and leave the beta yourself, and then you should be able to update to this latest public version but you’ll lose access to the beta feature until such till as it’s publicly released in another update.

I don't think it will include the LR correction as that is still in beta, they never seem to update beta firmware with the latest improvements from the official firmware either. If the beta firmware is labelled as beta it should give you the option to leave the beta though.

Is this L/R correction about the L/R channel switching problem? (also on a beta for the WiiM Pro because of that)

Well I recently had a problem where the left and right channel of my speakers would randomly swap between listening sessions. Happened with both optical outputs if I remember correctly. Got a beta firmware and it was solved, but it's not included in an official release yet (WiiM Pro).

Well I recently had a problem where the left and right channel of my speakers would randomly swap between listening sessions. Happened with both optical outputs if I remember correctly. Got a beta firmware and it was solved, but it's not included in an official release yet (WiiM Pro).
I remember seeing your posts about it now. The L/R correction we are talking about here is for room correction.

I am unable to update. I have 5.2.629945 and get message:Your device is up to date.
As stated many times, please note the “(in progress)” part of the announcement - WiiM firmware is gradually rolled out over the entire estate so it may take several days before it’s available for your device. And if you have multiple devices, they will not necessarily be updated at the same time. Please be patient :)

Back