Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

I’ve run out of devices to put beta firmware on - my Amp has usb out, the Pro Samba, the Pro Plus DLNA Cast and I’m waiting on the Ultra’s USB Out as I’d prefer to use that over the Amp. Once I get the last one, I’ll probably submit my Amp for this Android RC beta…
I've reported all my devices for different betas but I got only DLNA cast so no issue for me ;)

Does it enable the support for external mics?
I would expect/hope so. Also a little confused if this is for beta firmware rather than a beta app, as I thought most of not all of the work was done on the phone

Also, WiiM have said that for the current iOS RC that it would use an external mic if it detected one, but there’s no confirmation in the app to show that’s the case. Guess ‘proper’ use of an external mic means it needs to be able to support the import of calibration files.

I believe that the IMM-6C will work for the Android RC, but I still can't rule out the plan to use the WiiM remote...😅

Done but it definitely needs to be copy and paste friendly.
They don't want people to participate in this beta programme who can't enter their MAC addrss(es) into the application form. 😁

If you intend to use your WiiM device using Wi-Fi and Ethernet you'll have to provide both MAC addresses.

Does it enable the support for external mics?
I'm excited to find out. :)

They don't want people to participate in this beta programme who can't enter their MAC addrss(es) into the application form. 😁

If you intend to use your WiiM device using Wi-Fi and Ethernet you'll have to provide both MAC addresses.

I'm excited to find out. :)
You must be joking about both MAC addresses. Are you?

The iPhone microphones are not perfect. Simply so few iPhone models exist compared to android variants that it's easier to compensate for differentials over the whole iOS ecosystem than it is for android.
AV units with room correction often comes with a cheap electret capsule microphones. Certainly not the highest quality but superior to anything in any mobile phone.

I'd happily purchase a WiiM recommended usb mic for the purpose.
I guess the other option is a list of calibrated android phone models or to check box that you are ok to proceed with a unknown and uncalibrated android device.

I’m not sure if the mic on iPhone could reach 20khz. Can some give answer on this?

Back