Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

My first quick test. It does not seem to be able to calibrate the microphone yet.

No Sub.
Default RC settings.
Mic fixed and measured in an unoccupied room.

1. LG V60 Built-in mic
1000000657.jpg
1000000658.jpg

2. IMM-6 (LG V60 )
1000000659.jpg
1000000660.jpg

3. IMM-6C (LG V60 )
1000000661.jpg
1000000662.jpg
1000000663.jpg

4. IMM-6C + Extension cable (Galaxy tab S8 plus)
1000000654.jpg1000000655.jpg

1000000656.jpg

I'll just post the results for now and go to bed...

Edit :
Perhaps @slartibartfast is correct, IMM-6 may not be recognized. (Measurements are similar for #1 and #2.)
Also, the result of #3 with IMM-6C connected directly to the LG phone is also suspicious. I will re-verify later.

Last edited:
My first quick test. It does not seem to be able to calibrate the microphone yet.

No Sub.
Default RC settings.
Mic fixed and measured in an unoccupied room.

1. LG V60 Built-in mic
View attachment 9263
View attachment 9264

2. IMM-6 (LG V60 )
View attachment 9265
View attachment 9266

3. IMM-6C (LG V60 )
View attachment 9267
View attachment 9268
View attachment 9269

4. IMM-6C + Extension cable (Galaxy tab S8 plus)
View attachment 9271View attachment 9272

View attachment 9273

I'll just post the results for now and go to bed...
What is the massive peak at 8kHz? It can't really be there.

Measurement 4 looks like the only one that isn't totally crippled.

No way the speakers could have a +20 dB hump around 8 kHz.

Maybe the default is set to 4kHz because anything above 4khz is broken.😅
It wouldn't surprise me but we don't know it isn't broken below that. I asked many times if it would accept an iMM6 with a TRRS connection and was told it would so to find it doesn't is more than slightly annoying, but not surprising.

It is just an iMM6. I have used it with REW on PC and Audiotool on Android. I can't see any adjustable settings for room correction either.
There’s a cog settings icon on the first page of room correction where you can set various parameters

Can I please remind everyone that while it’s interesting to share your experiences here, it’s vitally important that you raise a ticket with WiiM too so they can diagnose and hopefully rectify any issues. The more feedback they get thru tickets, the more chance they have of fixing things

Can I please remind everyone that while it’s interesting to share your experiences here, it’s vitally important that you raise a ticket with WiiM too so they can diagnose and hopefully rectify any issues. The more feedback they get thru tickets, the more chance they have of fixing things
It is hard to know what to tell them. How do we know we can trust any measurements?

You can tell them things like the external mic not being recognized for one thing. Plus I’ve just come in and very quickly tried it and it looks like it’s ignoring the gain max settings I set, and also might be ignoring the room correction on/off setting, so I’ll be raising tickets for them in the morning. I’m sure there will be other obvious things that can be reported.

Android RC is being tested on Ultra. 😊

Ticket No. 507681

I am asking the support team about the 8 kHz hump.
My guess is that this is not a bug, but the result of disabling measurement and correction above 4 kHz.

---<Memo>------
Other tested behavior.
1. None of the three curves had any effect on the measurements.

2. There seems to be a slight change in measurements at different volume levels.
1000000686.jpg

Also, I used "Flat" for this measurement, but the target curve is not flat. I will send a ticket about this, is it the same on iOS?
(Ticket No. 507683)

Thank you. 🙂

Last edited:
According to the current specifications, the on/off of RC and PEQ seem to be interlocked (sync). Therefore, when RC is turned off, PEQ is turned off, and when PEQ is turned on, RC is also turned on. Not sure if this behavior is consistent with the iOS version.

Personally, I have no problem with this and have not yet submitted a ticket.

IMM-6 mic retest.
1000000701.jpg

1. Measured with LG V60 Built-in mic
1000000700.jpg
1000000699.jpg

2. Measured with LG V60 + IMM-6 mic
1000000698.jpg
1000000697.jpg

When I compare the built-in mic to the IMM-6, the RC results match, but the measurement app does not. Thus, at least the WiiM app on my V60 phone does not recognize the IMM-6. However, the IMM-6 is not picking up the bass, so perhaps there is a problem with the V60 as well. (I don't know the cause due to my lack of knowledge.)

I will ask about this on the ticket.
(Ticket No.507687)

Last edited:
Because different variations of mic on android, it would take some time to sort all these out. This is why they did iPhone first because of the consistency of its mic.

IMM-6 mic retest.
View attachment 9287

1. Measured with LG V60 Built-in mic
View attachment 9288
View attachment 9289

2. Measured with LG V60 + IMM-6 mic
View attachment 9290
View attachment 9292

When I compare the built-in mic to the IMM-6, the RC results match, but the measurement app does not. Thus, at least the WiiM app on my V60 phone does not recognize the IMM-6. However, the IMM-6 is not picking up the bass, so perhaps there is a problem with the V60 as well. (I don't know the cause due to my lack of knowledge.)

I will ask about this on the ticket.
(Ticket No.507687)
What do you mean when you say the RC results match but the measurement app does not? On my Pixel 3a the software told me it was using the "built-in microphone" when the iMM6 was plugged in.

Ticket No. 507688

None of "Freg", "Max Gain", or "Max Q" in RC Settings are reflected in the measurement.

What do you mean when you say the RC results match but the measurement app does not? On my Pixel 3a the software told me it was using the "built-in microphone" when the iMM6 was plugged in.

In the case of my phone, the measurement app (Sound Analyzer Pro) recognizes the IMM-6, so the difference with the built-in microphone shows up in the measurement.

However, the WiiM app gives the same measurement results, so I have determined that it does not recognize the IMM-6.

In the case of my phone, the measurement app (Sound Analyzer Pro) recognizes the IMM-6, so the difference with the built-in microphone shows up in the measurement.

However, the WiiM app gives the same measurement results, so I have determined that it does not recognize the IMM-6.
OK that makes sense. Does the WiiM app tell you it is using the built-in mic?

Back