Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

I'll sign up as soon as I'm back home tomorrow :)

Will this use the phone built-in mic (pixel 8 pro in my case) or external (I have an IMM6 with some random/unbranded USB jack adaptor) ?
I have a TRRS to USB adaptor as well. I am starting to wonder if it affects the frequency response of the iMM6 microphone.

I have a TRRS to USB adaptor as well. I am starting to wonder if it affects the frequency response of the iMM6 microphone.
Well, afaik, they do contain an ADC (and a DAC) unless I'm mistaken so it's quite possible if they aren't implemented well...

Well, afaik, they do contain an ADC (and a DAC) unless I'm mistaken so it's quite possible if they aren't implemented well...
this is why the usb version could be expanded rather, by integrating a quaibration conciderant of [micro-adc].....

Any idea how to test it? Mine is Dukabel from Amazon. I suspect I would need a cable with a TRRS plug as a minimum 😀
I suspect they roll off early at the bottom end.

Working here just fine. I limited correction to 40-300hz, using Harman curve. Measurement using internal mic on Pixel 8a was reasonably close to using ARC USB mic. I'm assuming the External mic is a bit more accurate so went with those adjustments. Pretty well done. Only bug is that the correction limit doesn't seem to work, I had to manually turn off adjustments above 300hz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240720-010334.png
    Screenshot_20240720-010334.png
    502.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Working here just fine. I limited correction to 40-300hz, using Harman curve. Measurement using internal mic on Pixel 8a was reasonably close to using ARC USB mic. I'm assuming the External mic is a bit more accurate so went with those adjustments. Pretty well done. Only bug is that the correction limit doesn't seem to work, I had to manually turn off adjustments above 300hz.
How did you get RC on Android? I'm still waiting for the beta firmware.

The results look extremely dodgy as well. This is on a Pixel 3a
View attachment 9258

Have you used other analyzer app to verify that the IMMC-6 is collecting sound?

At 4:00 in the morning, I woke up to use the restroom and the event had already started. I am not sure if I should go back to bed again or start the test now. 😅

Have you used other analyzer app to verify that the IMMC-6 is collecting sound?

At 4:00 in the morning, I woke up to use the restroom and the event had already started. I am not sure if I should go back to bed again or start the test now. 😅
It is just an iMM6. I have used it with REW on PC and Audiotool on Android. I can't see any adjustable settings for room correction either.

Back