Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

I wonder would there be a room who hardly dont need room correction?
Be it with sound isolation plates or via software?
Have all the rooms in one or the other way problems with certain frequencies? Be it low or high frequency.
Lets say for instance a term i frequently heard such as ,ringing'.
Such a difficult topic for a noob.

I would say my room is good ..the shape, furniture..no problems in my situation.
A noob would say.. but does he know how it could sound with perfect RC..

Last edited:
My take away from your post.

Forget about smoothing. This is not an REW measurement. It's a display of the calibration file, which is very smooth.
It was the appearance of the correction curves of the other microphone that made me wonder...
(1/3, 1/6 ?)

Last edited:
I wonder would there be a room who hardly dont need room correction?
Be it with sound isolation plates or via software?
Have all the rooms in one or the other way problems with certain frequencies? Be it low or high frequency.
Lets say for instance a term i frequently heard such as ,ringing'.
Such a difficult topic for a noob.

I would say my room is good ..the shape, furniture..no problems in my situation.
A noob would say.. but does he know how it could sound with perfect RC..
Every room has bass nodes which are a function of room dimensions and speaker placement. Can't really fix without EQ though multiple subs and traps will help.

Think of your room as a really big inverted poorly damped speaker cabinet. The air in the room acts a spring whose resonance frequency depends on the size and shape of the room, plus all your walls, floors and furniture that join in the springy fun too.
This is why headphones are so much easier to use!
For most of my life we didn't bother with treating the room with eq, it was either randomly choosing speakers that just happened to work with your room and/or messing with carpets and curtains etc. Digital tech and real world (ie non snake oil) product pricing means it's now a viable alternative to spending a large amount of cash on very expensive components. So long as units exhibit low distortion and good phase alignment across the drivers, then FR is much less critical if you can mitigate anomalies with RC EQ. The Wiim ecosystem is somewhat game changing.

Personally I would set the max correction to 6dB using the phone mic. That's for the Galaxy S23 Ultra
I also think that the default max. Q setting is on the high side. Room influences usually don't cause very sharp peaks.

There might be high Q troughs due to cancellation, but these cannot be corrected by EQ and one shouldn't even try it. I don't think that filter Q values above 6 are very useful, but I'm open to suggestions.

Tried RC tonight. It's too late for listening some more songs now.
But sounds very good.😮

Seems the bass from the sub tamed a little bit more.
I found it sounding great. Will test more tomorrow.
Where can I see the graphics of what has changed?
Can you conclude anything from it if I can show you these?

Think of your room as a really big inverted poorly damped speaker cabinet. The air in the room acts a spring whose resonance frequency depends on the size and shape of the room, plus all your walls, floors and furniture that join in the springy fun too.
This is why headphones are so much easier to use!
For most of my life we didn't bother with treating the room with eq, it was either randomly choosing speakers that just happened to work with your room and/or messing with carpets and curtains etc. Digital tech and real world (ie non snake oil) product pricing means it's now a viable alternative to spending a large amount of cash on very expensive components. So long as units exhibit low distortion and good phase alignment across the drivers, then FR is much less critical if you can mitigate anomalies with RC EQ. The Wiim ecosystem is somewhat game changing.
Thanks a lot for explaining 😊👍 highly appreciated.

I also think that the default max. Q setting is on the high side. Room influences usually don't cause very sharp peaks.

There might be high Q troughs due to cancellation, but these cannot be corrected by EQ and one shouldn't even try it. I don't think that filter Q values above 6 are very useful, but I'm open to suggestions.
I need to go and look at some of the EQ profiles I use for my headphones. Different challenge though of course.

Had a quick look, none of the PK settings are more than 5. So makes sense but then I use the generated profile just as a starting point, and adjust the settings to suit my ears.

Tried RC tonight. It's too late for listening some more songs now.
But sounds very good.😮

Seems the bass from the sub tamed a little bit more.
I found it sounding great. Will test more tomorrow.
Where can I see the graphics of what has changed?
Can you conclude anything from it if I can show you these?
You can see the applied PEQ settings in the app. Click on device in the menu (bottom tray of app) and click on the settings icon top right then on EQ it will show you thd applied profile. Take a screen shot and share it, along with your phone details.

You can see the applied PEQ settings in the app. Click on device in the menu (bottom tray of app) and click on the settings icon top right then on EQ it will show you thd applied profile. Take a screen shot and share it, along with your phone details.
I will thanks 👍

This are the settings coming out of the calibration.
Phone is a pixel 8.
Calibration also added for the sub.
Don't know what happened there.
Didn't change anything I think I didn't have to.
Measurement with Harman kurve.
OK but this are the results.
Screenshot_20240823-001206.png

Last edited:
This are the settings coming out of the calibration.
Phone is a pixel 8.
Calibration also added for the sub.
Don't know what happened there.
Didn't change anything I think I didn't have to.
OK but this are the results.
View attachment 10729
I would suggest switching the circled channels off and see how that sounds. My galaxy threw up some odd spikes in the upper mid too. Arguably you only need to EQ for <500HzScreenshot_20240822_231757_Chrome.jpg

Thanks this will help.
Will try this tomorrow.
I had a fan standing at the right speaker. Not in front ofcourse. Set i a bit to the side.
But for the best measurement tomorrow i will take the fan out of the room.
Dont know if it did affect the measurement but best nothing around the speakers other then the walls.
Will set a new measurement, calibration tomorrow.
Thanks al lot for all the help😊👍

Just turn the fan off so it doesn't blow the sound around while you are measuring ;)
Glad to see you've dipped your toes in the water.
Can't wait to see how you describe your 'now listening' posts!!

Back