Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

I did something different. Ultra is streamer/dac/preamp. I use ultra as streamer and dac. Ultra analog out fed to analog preamp. Why? I listen extremely low level at night and ultra canโ€™t give me proper tonal balanced. With this setup, ultra is extremely transparent.

I have not tried RC in a while and it recognized the IMM-6C connected to the extension USB cable.

Now I am testing a method (by @Maurizio) to manually run RC for per-channel and copy it to PEQ. The RC results are very stable. This seems to work. So nice.๐Ÿ˜€

@WiiM Team, good job! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

View attachment 10741
When you use RC it needs to decide what target level to base the correction on. If you run it twice, once for each channel would it choose the same target level both times? Doing the same thing with REW you can manually select the target level but you can't do that with WiiM RC. Maybe it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

Did another test just yet.
Using Harman curve.

Everything during calibration set at default.
What can you say about the results?
Can you save the settings? That's my question for now.
I will experience more and apply the advice I got earlier.
What do you think of the values of the curve?
I used Harman kurve.
Sound is very good i think..set the gain a little higher of the sub to my licking.
Screenshot_20240823-133654.png

Yes, the setting can be saved.
Not particularly intuitive imo. Why not offer the ability to save right there on the results page?
iirc, you need to go to the EQ screen and save from there.

Using Harman curve.

I used Harman kurve.
Sound is very good i think..set the gain a little higher of the sub to my licking.
View attachment 10749
With "AUTO" selected in Stereo PEQ, press the Save button and save a different name. I include the number and date in the name.๐Ÿ™‚

Using Harman curve.

I used Harman kurve.
View attachment 10749
Didn't you include the subwoofer frequencies?

Didn't you include the subwoofer frequencies?
No i didn't.
Im the app I selected sub calibration.
Isn't that enough?
Crossover of my sub is always set to 80.
I can hear the sub..so it's working.
For what I'm hearing now I like it a lot.

Like the sound with RC..have to listen to more genres.
Thanks for all the help..

Last edited:
No i didn't.
Im the app I selected sub calibration.
Isn't that enough?
Crossover of my sub is always set to 80.
I can hear the sub..so it's working.

Like the sound with RC..have to listen to more genres.
Thanks for all the help..
So you did select frequencies below the sub crossover frequency but the room correction didn't make any corrections for those frequencies. Is that correct? That would be unusual but not impossible.

So you did select frequencies below the sub crossover frequency but the room correction didn't make any corrections for those frequencies. Is that correct? That would be unusual but not impossible.
I really don't know what I'm doing.
Those values..have no clue.
What I can tell you my sub always was set to 80 HZ crossover.
Did room correction and calibration for the sub also included.
What has changed..i can hear it in the sound.
I like it.
And i can hear the bass..
Im responding as a noob on this matter.
What room correction exactly changed and all those peq values meen i have no idea..
Like what I'm hearing..will keep RC on.

Last edited:
My Dalek first unit is now complete, and We have tried manual RC for Per-channel with it.

1000002642.jpg

As a side note, using the Wi-Fi camera is really convenient because I can save the left, right, and center measurement positions respectively and move them with a single tap.

I ran 4 consecutive RCs on the right speaker and got almost the same PEQ value, only the 3rd RC result was a bit off, rebooting the WiiM app seemed to bring it back to normal on the 4th RC. Also, once an error occurred and no measurement results were obtained. As mentioned earlier, it would be better to reboot the app after each RC.

1000002629.jpg1000002630.jpg
1000002631.jpg1000002632.jpg
(frequency range: 100Hz-1kHz, flat curve, all other values are default)

Superimpose the four images,
1000002643.jpg

If exclude the irregular number 3, it is almost perfect.
1000002644.jpg

The same was true for the left speaker, with multiple RCs yielding very consistent results.

This is the RC result (PEQ value) for the subwoofer connected to the pro.
All four PEQ values were superimposed.
1000002645.jpg
(Audio output from all speakers on MRM and RC was run on pro.)

Each result is slightly differ, but acceptable to me.

My Dalek first unit is now complete, and We have tried manual RC for Per-channel with it.

View attachment 10758

As a side note, using the Wi-Fi camera is really convenient because I can save the left, right, and center measurement positions respectively and move them with a single tap.

I ran 4 consecutive RCs on the right speaker and got almost the same PEQ value, only the 3rd RC result was a bit off, rebooting the WiiM app seemed to bring it back to normal on the 4th RC. Also, once an error occurred and no measurement results were obtained. As mentioned earlier, it would be better to reboot the app after each RC.

View attachment 10759View attachment 10761
View attachment 10762View attachment 10763
(frequency range: 100Hz-1kHz, flat curve, all other values are default)

Superimpose the four images,
View attachment 10767

If exclude the irregular number 3, it is almost perfect.
View attachment 10768

The same was true for the left speaker, with multiple RCs yielding very consistent results.

This is the RC result (PEQ value) for the subwoofer connected to the pro.
All four PEQ values were superimposed.
View attachment 10769
(Audio output from all speakers on MRM and RC was run on pro.)

Each result is slightly differ, but acceptable to me.
Hi @Wiimer
I also took another measurement and confirm your results. :giggle: The two measurements are almost identical. Just a few small differences. Keep in mind that I was holding the tablet in my hand. A small variation in microphone positioning I would say was inevitable. Hence, I believe, the small differences between the two measurements. however really insignificant.;)

Just another thing. I applied RC per channel to the Ultra Line Out, so using its internal DAC. Believe me, the sound signature has improved impressively.

Hi, @Maurizio

WiiM RC seems to be steadily evolving. I am sure it will get better in the future.๐Ÿ˜
Just another thing. I applied RC per channel to the Ultra Line Out, so using its internal DAC. Believe me, the sound signature has improved impressively.
I believe you. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Edit; The difference I felt before and after RC was slight, but I could hear each note more clearly.

Back