Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

I think it appears on the screen before you perform the measurement. I tried the Spectroid app and that recognises the iMM6 as well.
View attachment 9293

OK, Thanks. 🙂

Mine is the same as yours.
WHA always shows "built-in microphone".

And apparently the IMM-6C is not recognized either.
Perhaps the external microphone is not yet available on Android RC.

1. Built-in mic
1000000719.jpg
1000000720.jpg

2. IMM-6C
1000000722.jpg
1000000723.jpg

Therefore, I use the built-in microphone in future tests.

OK, Thanks. 🙂

Mine is the same as yours.
WHA always shows "built-in microphone".

And apparently the IMM-6C is not recognized either.
Perhaps the external microphone is not yet available on Android RC.

1. Built-in mic
View attachment 9294
View attachment 9295

2. IMM-6C
View attachment 9296
View attachment 9297

Therefore, I use the built-in microphone in future tests.
I thought they were waiting for external mics to be supported before releasing the Android version. I have also reported the failure to recognise the iMM6.

I thought they were waiting for external mics to be supported before releasing the Android version. I have also reported the failure to recognise the iMM6.
Yes, I was expecting the external mic and RC per channel to come at the same time, but I guess my expectations were too much. 😂 But we are just getting started.😉

After a quick bug check, I ran RC with the Xiaomi 12T pro's built-in mic.
(Speaker is Focal chorus 716)

1. First I look at room noise.
65f5368c-9126-4393-9b10-4bb3b1927dff-1_all_5934.jpg

2. RC result.
65f5368c-9126-4393-9b10-4bb3b1927dff-1_all_5933.jpg

This is a comparison of the frequency response before and after RC, with Spotify playing a 20Hz-20kHz tone signal. As mentioned above, setting the target curve flat does not make it flat.

A. Before RC
65f5368c-9126-4393-9b10-4bb3b1927dff-1_all_5931.jpg

B. After RC
65f5368c-9126-4393-9b10-4bb3b1927dff-1_all_5932.jpg

1000006419.jpg

When I played some of the tracks, the bass was too strong. So I adjusted it this way and will listen to it for the next few hours.

1000006420.jpg

My brief impression is that I am surprised that the sound is better than expected. I think it is promising as an auxiliary tool for room correction, although it is not ideal at present.

Next, I will check to see if I can get the same results with other Android devices. 🙂

After a quick bug check, I ran RC with the Xiaomi 12T pro's built-in mic.
(Speaker is Focal chorus 716)

1. First I look at room noise.
View attachment 9302

2. RC result.
View attachment 9303

This is a comparison of the frequency response before and after RC, with Spotify playing a 20Hz-20kHz tone signal. As mentioned above, setting the target curve flat does not make it flat.

A. Before RC
View attachment 9304

B. After RC
View attachment 9306

View attachment 9307

When I played some of the tracks, the bass was too strong. So I adjusted it this way and will listen to it for the next few hours.

View attachment 9308

My brief impression is that I am surprised that the sound is better than expected. I think it is promising as an auxiliary tool for room correction, although it is not ideal at present.

Next, I will check to see if I can get the same results with other Android devices. 🙂
I noticed that flat didn't seem to work then trying again later it did.

IMM-6 mic retest.
View attachment 9287

1. Measured with LG V60 Built-in mic
View attachment 9288
View attachment 9289

2. Measured with LG V60 + IMM-6 mic
View attachment 9290
View attachment 9292

When I compare the built-in mic to the IMM-6, the RC results match, but the measurement app does not. Thus, at least the WiiM app on my V60 phone does not recognize the IMM-6. However, the IMM-6 is not picking up the bass, so perhaps there is a problem with the V60 as well. (I don't know the cause due to my lack of knowledge.)

I will ask about this on the ticket.
(Ticket No.507687)
What do you mean "not picking up the bass"?. I see both measuring to 40hz as expected.
My ARC USB mic was recognized just fine

What do you mean "not picking up the bass"?. I see both measuring to 40hz as expected.

My ARC USB mic was recognized just fine

Please compare the second and fourth pictures, the Sound Analyzer Pro app has less bass when measured with the IMM-6. However, this is most likely a problem with the app settings or the phone, so please forget it.

@Wiimer tried the iMM6C and the original iMM6 and neither one was recognised. I don't think I know the ARC USB mic, do you have a link?
It was included as part of the Anthem Room Correction component of the Paradigm PW-Link streamer. I would opt for a Umik-1 if I were just buying a USB mic.

When I noticed yesterday evening that a Beta is available I checked it with my S24 and my UMIK 1 for curiosity only (I am weak, I know), there is no intention to use the RC feature. It worked and the mic was found. It was also found weeks ago in the iOS app.
It would be useful for the beta if you could measure even if you don't implement the correction. Take one for the team, takes about 20 seconds

Back