Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WiiM Community,

We are currently seeking beta testers for our Room Correction for Individual Channels feature. This allows precise adjustment of each audio channel to match the unique characteristics of your room, making it ideal for spaces with uneven layouts or obstructed speakers.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test link.

Sep 9, 2024 Update:

We have released the iOS app version 2.11.5 and the beta firmware for Amp and Ultra. You can now try the Room Correction for Individual Channels feature. The Android app version 2.11.5 and the beta firmware for WiiM Pro and WiiM Pro Plus will be available tomorrow—stay tuned!

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Signed up 👍
It will be interesting to see how it copes with a subwoofer. When I used REW to measure and correct L/R separately the final result seemed to have slightly too much bass probably because of correlation between the channels at low frequencies.

Signed up 👍
It will be interesting to see how it copes with a subwoofer. When I used REW to measure and correct L/R separately the final result seemed to have slightly too much bass probably because of correlation between the channels at low frequencies.
I wonder if you can choose between independent or stereo rc. If so, maybe you can compare between the two.

Subscribed, I have an external microphone Umik -1 but currently it is not possible to upload the calibration file. It would be nice if we could upload the calibration files.

Will this also require a beta version of the WiiM Home app to work after the beta firmware RC for Individual Channels has been installed?

Edit, to answer my own question:
IMG_20240907_132828.jpg

😅

It arrived yesterday. I’m curious how would this be different from what we already have in stereo mode.
You will need a new upcoming app version, as clearly stated in the firmware update text.

It works!

I didn't compare the results with REW measurements or anything else but at least I do get individual calibrations for left and right channel.

Back